Saturday, May 10, 2014

Baler, Philippines

Baler Family
I stayed with a family that owned a surf shop so of course we went surfing every day 


(Dinner with the family)

The surf shop



New Friends!

I quickly learned that Filipinos love selfies


Exploration
Tricycles are all over the Philippines for transportation
(Hired a tricycle for the day to explore Baler)

 Oldest tree in the world according to Guinness Book of World Records

and yes, you can climb it and go inside


After eating lunch with my friends family I had to prove to them I could climb a coconut tree to get a coconut.
One of the little girls: "Your the first american that has ever eaten with our family" then later "your the first american I have ever seen climb a coconut tree"

 The amazing view, the smell of the air, and the good friends made this one of the most beautiful showering experiences of my life. and this is the girl that I quoted earlier.
(free shower in the free flowing water in the rice fields)


 Food!
(All you can eat buffet)

(Another amazing dinner with a new family)

Mmmm, Sisig

 These pigs went crazy for attention when I walked over to them

 Journeying to the next destination: Boracay
(One of at least 12 rooms on the giant sleeper boat)

No comments:

Post a Comment