Monday, May 11, 2015

New Orleans

New Orleans!

Up there with the greatest parties I have ever been to. Thanks to Chaz’s Hilton points we stayed in high class a block down from Bourbon Street.


My first beads rattled the side of my face as they landed in my French fries almost causing me to drop them. I threw the beads on the ground with anger only to realize that I had the wrong attitude. Those were my first beads and I should have slung it straight around my neck with joy.



The energy was high with people dressed in wild celebratory costume, massive amounts of beads often hanging from their necks, and lots of shenanigans. The crowds were concentrated near Bourbon and got more spaced out as you wandered into other streets and alleyways. Days were accompanied by drinks in hand and mass consumption of delicious Cajun food. Floats would glide by, beads would fly, and people got freaky.

The oldest bar in the U.S.
(Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop)

Food!

Crawfish Boil




(Amazing fried chicken and mac n cheese)





No comments:

Post a Comment